Outfit dos and don'ts
A few months ago, a client rocked up to their photo shoot in creased clothes. It looked like they’d pulled their outfit directly from the tumble dryer and not given their iron a single thought.
Prepare your outfitsIt might sound simple and obvious to most, but I think some people genuinely don’t think to iron their clothes – I know I avoid it as much as possible. Most of my photo shoots include an outfit change which requires clients to select and bring along a few choices. This requires a spot of planning. Here’s my outfit preparation dos and don’ts:
- dress for the weather
- bring props and accessories
- wash your clothes in advance
- iron your clothes!
- pack clothes carefully
- consider transporting your clothes in a suit bag
- turn up in dirty or creased clothing
- wear too-heavily patterned garments
- experiment with new clothing on the day
- leave your outfit choices to the last minute
- screw your clothes up in a Tesco bag