Privacy notice and Cookies
The following privacy notice details the who, what, why, where, when and how of collecting your personal information.
When we say “Photography by Gem”, “we”, “I”, or “us”, we are referring to Photography by Gem. When we say, “services”, we are referring to Photography by Gem providing a photography service to individuals, families and businesses.
2. Who has access to your information?
Photography by Gem collects and has access to your information. Under no circumstances, will we sell or share your data.
All third party data processors used on this website are GDPR compliant. We use the following:
- WordPress is the platform used to develop this website.
- Ninja Forms is used for all of the online enquiry forms on this website.
- Pixieset enables me to present your photos in a gallery. This is where you download your photos from.
- Brook Internet provide secure hosting and the domain name for this website.
- Google Analytics is used to track the use of our website.
- HotJar is used to analyse your experience while using our website.
- Microsoft Outlook and One Drive are used to communicate via email and store photos and client information.
3. What information do we collect about you?
We only ever ask for your name, email address and telephone number. We may also ask what area you live in but it’s not necessary for us to collect your address. When submitting feedback on the service you receive, we will ask for your consent to use your first name and photo. You may wish to share other information about yourself before, during or after a photo shoot – again, this won’t be shared. In email responses, if you have a detailed email signature, this information may be sent to us by reply. We also collect anonymous data on your use of www.photographybygem.co.uk.
4. Why do we collect your information?
We collect your information to:
- arrange and discuss your photo shoot
- send you your lovely new photos
- ask for your feedback on our service
- process invoices
- respond to any queries or requests
- promote our portfolio of work via our website and social media (we’ll only ever use your photo and first name – with your consent)
- comply with legal requirements
We don’t have any subscription services so you’ll never receive any direct mail from us.
5. Where is your data stored/used?
All data is stored on a secure computer or One Drive and can only be accessed by the business owner. Photos and your first name/s will be used on www.photographybygem.co.uk, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, LinkedIn or any other social media channel. They may also be used in print (magazines, flyers etc.).
6. How long is it your data stored for?
Any photos/first names that we have consent to share may be displayed on our website or social channels indefinitely. Any personal information shared with us for the purpose of arranging a photo shoot will be kept until after your photos have been sent. RAW images captured during your photo shoot and any processed photos that have not been uploaded to Pixieset (online gallery) will be destroyed after three months of capture.
Your Pixieset photo gallery may be deleted after two months of the date of your photo shoot. For free photo shoots (won in a competition), your photo gallery may be deleted after just a few days.
It is your responsibility to ensure you save your photos locally.
When submitting an enquiry via our website, your details are sent straight to the business owner, Gemma Wilks, via email and are not stored anywhere else.
7. How is your data used?
Any data submitted to Photography by Gem via www.photographybygem.co.uk or by any other means is only ever used solely for the purpose in which it is supplied. I only collect the data that I need. This is normally a name and email address and sometimes a telephone number.
8. Your rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals (data subjects):
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information or to request rectification or erasure, please email me. I will respond to your request to modify or delete information within 28 days.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that can track website use and personalise content. Don’t worry though, they don’t tell anyone who you are.
Photography by Gem uses the following cookies:
Further information including how to control cookies on your computer can be found at www.aboutcookies.org